A Business Developer works to grow a company’s profits through attracting new customers and by increasing the spend of existing customers. This role is one that is both challenging and also rewarding, giving the successful candidate an opportunity to really develop an interesting career in business strategy.
Business development within the Corporate Relocations and International Removals Sector is a specialised role. It therefore requires specific industry knowledge plus experience working on an international level.
What does a Business Development job description include?
- Working in Business Development you will be involved in pitching and presenting at boardroom level. This could include presentations to HR (Human Resources) departments and will require meticulous planning and proposal writing.
- Your main area of focus will be to generate new leads with the aim of creating more sales.
- Business Development involves scheduling appointments, preparing and delivering presentation to the client, having researched their business and requirements.
- A Business Developer will work on sales follow-up activities.
- Maintaining customer relationships and ensuring customer loyalty through excellent customer service as well as meeting all client needs appropriate to their business, is a key role within Business Development
- A Business Developer usually works as part of a team and closely with other departments within the organisation.
Key skills and qualifications of a Business Developer role:
- A degree or equivalent qualification is recommended, but a proven background in business development may be sufficient.
- A proven track record in strong presentation skills is essential in the role of Business Developer.
- Business Developers need a strong track record of business-to-business sales at a corporate level.
- A Business Developer will need to have strong research and strategic analysis skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and be able to cold call potential clients with confidence are key for a successful Business developer.
- Business Developers need to be skilled at agreeing and closing deals with clients.
- Excellent organisational skills are essential as well as performance monitoring will be a requirement.
- Must be able to operate Microsoft Office and associated programs.
- Must hold a full clean driving licence.
How to find more Business Development jobs within the Corporate Relocations and International Removals industry:
To find more International Business Development jobs or other jobs within this sector, or to place a vacancy, please contact us. Alternatively, jobseekers can register for personalised updates.