Business Development Manager - Priceline Partner Network
Priceline Partner Network is a division of priceline.com responsible for distribution partnerships. Clients such as the American Automobile Association, United Airlines, and others come to PPN in order to gain access to our best-in-the-industry travel inventory that they can sell on their own web sites to their customers. PPN provides Hotel, Air, Rental Car, and Vacation Package search and booking capabilities. Our partners provide either their own front-end sites or use a PPN-provided white label site with their own branding to facilitate transactions.
Priceline Partner Network has grown over 500% in the past few years and is looking to expand their Business Development team to NYC.
Sitting in the priceline.com Manhattan office, the Business Development Manager will work under the direction of Winnipeg based PPN management to find and sign-up new distribution partners that want to sell PPN travel inventory.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced online business development manager who is customer-focused and target driven, with outstanding people and organizational skills. This role is ideal for a highly motivated individual who wishes to immerse themselves into the commercial dynamics of a successful and growing online company. The role demands the ability to sell a multi-faceted product to key players in the industry, which requires a confident individual who can establish relationships and influence decision makers at all levels. Products include Hotel, Air, Rental Car, and Vacation Packages. While travel industry experience is preferred, more important is a proven track record of success in business development.
- Maintain and develop successful business partnerships for Priceline Partner Network;
- Establish an understanding of our partners' business objectives and align them to our range of services to create and maximize new business opportunities;
- Manage all processes leading up to and finalizing distribution deals (i.e. prospecting, establishing first contact, meetings, contract, integration and timely follow up);
- Negotiate and finalize deals and maintain a high level of knowledge of Priceline Partner Networks products;
- Work closely with the PPN senior team to support company objectives and to leverage their help in closing prospects.
- Personal network of senior level travel industry relationships would be helpful;
- Innovative, creative thinker;
- High degree of integrity and honesty;
- Excellent communication, negotiation, networking and interpersonal skills;
- Resourceful, detail-oriented, highly organized;
- 3-5 years relevant work experience in e-commerce is essential;
- Excellent people skills and demonstrated leadership experience
- Commercial focus, sales driven, results oriented;