Welcome to Cimpress, the world leader in mass customization.
We are audacious, innovative and growing.
Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager works to improve Vistaprint’s market position, drive growth and achieve financial goals. This person defines long-term organizational strategic goals, builds key partner relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions. Business Development Managers work in a senior sales position within Vistaprint. It is their job to work with the internal team, marketing staff, and other managers to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for their organization. To achieve this, they need to find potential new partners, present to them, ultimately convert them into partners, and continue to grow business in the future. Business Development Managers will also help manage existing partners and ensure they stay satisfied and positive. They call on partners, often being required to make presentations on solutions and services that meet or predict their partners’ future needs.
What you will do all day:
The primary role of the Business Development Manager is to prospect for new partners by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential partners. They must then plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential partners to do business with Vistaprint. They must develop a rapport with new partners, and set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship. They are also required to grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to partners. Business Development Managers work with mid and senior level management, marketing, and technical staff. He/she may manage the activities of others responsible for developing business for Vistaprint. Strategic planning is a key part of this job description, since it is the business manager’s responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming in to Vistaprint. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services Vistaprint can provide, and of Vistaprint’s competitors. While the exact responsibilities will vary from Vistaprint to Vistaprint, the main duties of the Business Development Manager can be summarized as follows:
New Business Development
– Prospect for potential new partners and secure a long term commitment to implement strategic initiatives.
– Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
– Leveraging your network to expand your pipeline.
– Identify potential partners, and the decision makers within the partner organization.
– Research and build relationships with new partners.
– Set up meetings between partner decision makers and Vistaprint’s practice leaders/Principals.
– Plan approaches and pitches.
– Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the partner’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
– Participate in pricing the solution/service.
– Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
– Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
– Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
– Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet partner needs.
– Arrange and participate in internal and external partner debriefs.
Business Development Planning
– Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
– Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
– Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
– Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop Vistaprint’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research
– Submit weekly pipeline progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
– Leverage Salesforce.com and other CRM or other sales management tools.
– Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
– Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
– Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
– Research and develop a thorough understanding of Vistaprint’s people and capabilities.
– Understand Vistaprint’s goals and purpose in an effort to continually enhance Vistaprint’s performance.
Business development management positions require a bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of sales or marketing experience. An MBA is highly desireable.
Other Skills and Qualifications
Networking, Persuasion, Prospecting, Public Speaking, Research, Writing, Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Identification of Partner Needs and Challenges, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism, CRM, and Microsoft Office.
We produce millions of affordable, highly customized, personalized physical products for small businesses and consumers. We're boldly going where no one has gone before here at Cimpress: the scale, complexity and sheer scope of what we do requires us to innovate and solve problems that haven't been solved before. With over $1.5BB in revenue, operations in 19 countries and merchants that serve over 17 million customers worldwide, we're a unique combination of stability, strength, growth and innovation. We're also a place where ideas matter, whether they come from our newest or most senior team members. There's also a lot of fun that goes with doing things no one has ever done before and you can feel it.