Get the funding you need! So you have assembled a dream team and are ready to develop mobile apps. Your company has the skills, drive, and talent to make a go of it, but you need some start-up funds to develop your ideas. There are a number of banks and private financiers who are willing to invest funds in mobile app development, but they need to be sure they are making a prudent investment. These savvy investors will expect you to present them with a well-fleshed business plan. I can hear the wails now, “We know how to develop apps, not !” Don’t worry! Writing a business plan is not as difficult as it sounds. You already have the information you need, you just have to put it in the right format. Just follow this sample mobile app development business plan, filling in the specific information for your company, and you’ll be set.
- Executive Summary
This is a short overview of your mobile app development business plan. Include:
- What type of apps you will develop
- Your company’s unique value proposition How your company will differentiate itself
- Sales Forecast Provide charts of the breakdown of projected sales, operating costs, and profits
- Company & Financing Summary
Provide a short summary of the history of your mobile app development company, what you will be developing, and what you are seeking. Include
- Company Summary – Write a brief description of your company, including the ownership of your company, your objectives, and your location.
- Financial Summary – Specify the financial assistance you are requesting. If you are seeking investors rather than a loan, include details of stock and other options you are offering.
- Products and Services
Explain exactly what your mobile app development company be offering. Be specific and include types of applications you will be creating and their target audience, along with any additional services you will be offering.
- Market Analysis
Provide an in-depth examination of the market for your apps, including
- Industry Survey
- Customer Profile – Who your specific users are, their demographics, and past purchase history
- Competition Analysis
- Internal / External Analysis also known as a SWOT/TOWS analysis, this is where you chart your company’s strengths and weaknesses, and the threats and opportunities available.
- Marketing Plan
Include specifics about your marketing strategies, including product strategy, market strategy, and positioning strategy.
- Management Summary
Provide an organizational chart of your company. Identify the key players and the specific skills they bring to the table.
- Financial Plan
Provide your company’s financial plan for the next three years. Charts work well for this section of your mobile app development business plan, provided you explain where you obtained the figures you used to make projections. Provide
- Projected Profit and Loss Statements
- Break-Even Analysis
- Cash Flow Forecast (projected sales and cash disbursements)
- Balance Sheet
Once you have the necessary funds and start developing your mobile apps, you will need a full-scale marketing plan to raise awareness of your company and all you offer. Blue Interactive Agency can help. As a leading interactive marketing firm in Fort Lauderdale, we are well versed in mobile app development. We have the skills, knowledge, and industry contacts to help establish your company as market authorities. We can provide you with comprehensive marketing services to build your business, including responsive website design, content marketing services, search engine marketing, social marketing services, and more.