Have you dreamed of owning and operating your own business but don’t know where to start? Do you have questions on how to turn your dream into a reality? The University of Houston Small Business Development Center can help answer key questions – the questions that every entrepreneur needs to ask before starting a new venture.
Some of the services we provide to help you get started include:
- Workshops & seminars for entrepreneurs on start-up, marketing, business plans, software applications, and more
- Business reference library for industry and market research
- Funding solutions
- Business loan packaging – eligibility, understanding the process and proposal preparation assistance
- Help buying an existing business or franchise
- Access to professional service providers such as attorneys and CPAs
- Free, confidential and individualized one-on-one business advisory service
Before You Start – assess your entrepreneurial readiness.
Owning, operating and growing a successful business is challenging. Before you get started you need to assess your motives, your strengths and your weaknesses. You also need to take a hard look at your personal, managerial, technical and financial qualifications. To see if you’re prepared, please take our Business Readiness Assessment.
The First Step – find out if you have what it takes.
Now, before you invest your time and your money, click here to view our Do You Have What It Takes to Start a Business? FREE, online streaming video. You will learn a solid Six Point Process for starting a business. You’ll learn the importance of proper planning and how to avoid common pitfalls. Viewing the video will take about 45 minutes.
Also take our other business start-up workshops covering topics that include market research and marketing concepts, forecasting, business structure, and business plan development.
- to view all of the upcoming University of Houston Small Business Development Center workshops and seminars offered for free or at low-cost.
The Next Step – take advantage of our free, confidential business advisory service.
Once you’ve taken our recommended workshops on getting started and have at least a good draft of a solid business plan, it’s time to take advantage of our free, confidential business advisory services. to request an appointment with a business advisor to discuss your new business venture. A business advisor will contact you within 3-5 business days.