Hartford, CT 06000
Business Development Manager determined to meet or exceed sales goals on a consistent basis seeking a management position in the Hartford area.
- Driven to exceed expectations and willing to work efficiently and effectively.
- Successful in communicating with people at all levels and with other departments as needed to best serve the customer.
- Outstanding ability to professionally and effectively deliver presentations to small and large groups.
University of Connecticut, Hartford, CT
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (May 1999)
Business Development Manager: December 2003 - Present, Trailridge Developments, Hartford, CT
- Responsible for meeting sales goals and overall quality of service.
- Conduct sales and marketing calls to book meetings with potential clients.
- Send follow-up marketing materials and make follow-up monthly calls to establish relationships.
- Call and personally visit potential, new and existing customers to facilitate new business.
- Perform client presentations articulating the value proposition of product, solution, and service offerings.
- Coordinate efforts to improve the customer experience at the point of sale.
- Manage product sales growth and individual sales effectiveness by reviewing sales activity schedule.
- Maintained a high profile in the professional and business communities.
- Skilled in coldcalling, consultative selling, negotiating contracts, forming alliances and partnering with others.
- Built pricing opportunities to encourage repeat sales.
- Pursued long-term account strategy that maximized profits and assisted in cultivating long-term relationships with the appropriate decision makers.
- Monitored new account success by contacting customers at scheduled intervals.
- Ensured customer program satisfaction.
- Provided management with suggestions for improving volume, market share and price levels.
- Developed and implemented plans for strategic accounts that exceeded expectations in revenue retention/growth, account profitability, and customer satisfaction.
- Conducted weekly telephone call blitzes.
- Identified target companies and key decision makers.
- Assessed performance by location through audit reports.
- Supported other promotional programs including, but not limited to: reactivation, retention, leads and knowledge based marketing programs.
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access